University of California, Berkeley
M.S., Computer Science with the Management of Technology Certificate (August 2010 - May 2011)
B.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (August 2007 - May 2010); GPA: 3.80
Computer Security, Technical Communication, Algorithms, Computer Networking, Computer Graphics, Operating Systems, Databases, Artificial Intelligence, Embedded Systems, Machine Structures, Data Structures
- Google Software Engineer (July 2011 - current)
- Worked on the Faster Mobile Search, Searchbox, and Zerg Rush teams.
- Google Software Engineer Intern (May 2010 - August 2010)
- Interned on the Rich Snippets team within Google Search.
- Worked mostly with C++ on backend data processing on server clusters, but also had exposure to Python (including AppEngine), HTML, and CSS.
- Google Software Engineer Intern (June 2009 - August 2009)
- Interned on the Google Analytics/Adwords conversion tracking team.
- Amazon.com Software Development Engineer Intern (May 2008 - August 2008)
- Learned how to use large-scale build and deployment systems. Also learned the Perforce version control system.
- ACM Web Developer (January 2008 - February 2011)
- Developed and maintained TECH, a website for computing educators in Drupal.
- Ninja Courses (Summer 2007 - current)
- Provides a web interface to generate class schedules automatically, eliminating manual permutations of classes
- Implemented a much-needed service for the UC Berkeley student body, with over 10,000 total users across 4 universities.
- Also implemented a complementary Facebook application, for added publicity via social networking
- Web Security Research (February 2009 - May 2011)
- GamesCrafters - undergraduate computational game theory research group (August 2007 - December 2008)
- Co-leading the web team to design and implement a web framework for playing games on end-user browsers
- Designed and coded group web site with a partner using PHP, Strict HTML 4.01, and XML
- Web Development
- Other Programming Languages
- Experience with C# (XNA Game Development), Java, C/C++, and BASH
- Experience with EMACS, Git, Subversion, Perforce, Visual Studio, Linux, and Windows
- Tau Beta Pi - Engineering Honor Society (Joined Spring 2008)
Historian, Spring 2011; President, Fall 2010; VP, Spring 2010; Historian, Fall 2009; IT Committee Chair, Spring 2009; IT Officer, Fall 2008
- Tech lead of the IT Committee for 2 semesters
- Instituted a code review policy, migrated to a new server, and mentored newer officers
- Eta Kappa Nu - Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Honor Society (Joined Spring 2008)